BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Murder Mystery

my short story ~ My Life's Gate~

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
d.m.f

my short story ~ My Life's Gate~

My life’s gate
By D.M.F

Laura was walking down the beach side as she normally did. And standing on the docks was a girl with long brown hair she had a nice figure. It was outline in her long white satin dress.
She saw the girl get up on the railing Laura ran to her and yelled, “Don’t do it!” She caught the girl hand just as the girl fell back. Laura helped the girl up and onto the docks Laura asked if the girl could walk, the girl just nodded. She stepped forward but lost her balance Laura caught her. The girl looked up at her; Laura spoke, “Hey, Heather Johnson! You played in that movie, what was it called?” Heather spoke, “Fire Door? Um…, I’m surprised anyone even watches those low budget movies.”
Laura spoke “I’m surprise you want to jump off the docks.” Heather spoke “Let’s not talk here.” Laura asked “why?” Heather spoke, “They’re by the bench, let’s sit over there.” Laura placed Heather down on the bench than sat next to her she looked and saw that heather’s ankles had bruises on them. Heather saw Laura looking and tried to put her dress over the bruises. Laura looked in her pocket and found a scarf she ripped it. She bent down and tied one piece around the right ankle and another on the left one. Heather spoke, “Thank you. What’s your name?” Laura didn’t speak she just stood up, Heather looked down at the ground, Laura spoke, “Who did that to you?” Heather spoke, “I don’t remember.” Laura spoke, “Don’t remember, or, won’t say?” Heather spoke, “I don’t want to say. Look, thanks for bandaging up my wounds. I don’t want to get you involved in any of this. “
Laura spoke, “where do you live? I’ll take you home.” Heather spoke, “No I couldn’t.” they saw a red car pull up under a street light. Heather spoke, “Maybe I will let you drive me home. Better yet let’s go to your house.” Laura had Heather put her arm around her neck she could smell a sweet perfume coming from Heather. Heather spoke, “Passion 2" Laura spoke, “Nice, I’ll get me some.” They went over to Laura’s 2002 custom made Camero; it was just across the street. When they got into the street the red car moved a little. Laura saw it and started to move a little faster causing Heather to hop. The car moved even more than came forward. Heather screamed. Laura picked her up and ran to her car. She pushed a button on her car key chain and the doors opened. Laura put Heather inside she started the car. The red car had swirled in front of them. Laura put the car in reverse and stepped on the gas. Heather foot hit in her head as the car went back. Heather was trying to straighten up. Laura spoke, “Don’t move you might hit me in the head when I change gears.” She changed gears to drive just as someone leaned out of red car’s window and fired at her car.
When Laura sped down the street, and when they finally got up a hill she went from 45 to 80 as the car flew up over the hill Heather screamed, Laura pulled Heather up by the straps on her dress so that she wouldn’t slam her head against the dash board. She spoke, “isn’t that better?” Heather spoke, “Not really, I think my stomach just flew up. “ The car landed Laura spoke, “good, they’re gone.” she just said that so that Heather could relax, really the red car had taken a detour and she could see them in her rearview mirror. Laura spoke, “So do you know them?” Heather spoke, “No!” Laura didn’t ask any more questions after that. She drove to her home it wasn’t too far from the beach either you could actually see it from the back porch.
Heather spoke, “Wow, I didn’t expect your place to be so huge.” Laura got out of the car and opened Heather’s door. She spoke, “Do you think you can walk to the door by yourself? It’s not that far. Heather put her long slender finger on the handle of the door and pulled her self up. She reached for the rail but lost her balance Laura caught her arm. Laura spoke, “I won’t let you fall. Besides my neighbors might think I had gotten you drunk.”
They finally got into the house Heather was impressed at how spacious and clean the house was. Her apartment was probably about half of Laura’s living room, which was vastly furnished with contemporary lamps, tables, and chairs. Heather was looking at the place as she sat down on the blue sofa. Laura had left to the kitchen. Laura came back holding two glasses in her hands. Heather couldn’t help but notice how beautiful Laura was how her white hair seemed to move as if a slight breeze had blown through. And when she handed her the cup her blue eyes looked like the sky, warm and inviting. And she was strong too physically and probably emotionally too, She also seemed like the mysterious type one that you couldn’t tell what her thoughts were unless you really knew her. Laura spoke, “What’s wrong?” Heather spoke, “nothing.” Laura spoke, “Don’t worry, if you’re thinking about those people they can’t get in here. My house is pretty much like forte knocks. “Heather smiled Laura thought she had a smile. She was sure she had a kind personality too maybe even an artistic one. She promised herself that she would keep Heather safe until she figured the mystery out. Laura cooked dinner it was mostly vegetables since Heather said she was a vegetarian.
So Laura made pasta with mushrooms, stir fry, and a Caesar salad. She had a soy burger Heather spoke, “Don’t you want some of this?” Laura spoke, “I’m fine you just seemed hungry.” Laura was right; Heather hadn’t eaten in two days. Mainly due to stress over what she had been through.
Laura spoke “so what happened? Were you chained up or something? the bruises on your ankles are caused from rings mostly. Speaking of bruises we’ll need to clean you off. I wouldn’t want you to get infected.” She left and came back with a first aid kit, a towel, and some green pajamas. After her ankle wounds were dressed Heather spoke, “Really you’ve been kind enough I really should go they could be out there just waiting to shoot us from the win...” Laura had her finger over Heather lips she spoke, “Look chic, weren’t you listening before? nothing is going to happen . I won’t let it. Go get washed up. Ok?” Heather felt calmer so she showered she was glad to have met Laura she’d leave in the morning so that Laura wouldn’t worry.
She looked at the pajamas they were silk a designer kind. She wondered who’s they were if they were Laura’s than it would make it seem like she were closer to her. She put them on the fabric felt cool against her skin. She stepped out she didn’t see Laura anywhere she figured she must have also taken a shower.
So she decided to take a tour of the place on a shelf were some pictures of Laura and some of Laura and another pretty lady next to her in a elegant dress. From the background it looked like a party of some kind, Laura came down and saw Heather looking at the pictures. She spoke, “Her name was Veronica. We use to live together.” Heather spoke, “Use to? What happened to her?” Laura spoke, “A car crash. She crashed because she was coming to get me. I had a little too much to drink so I called her. She must have figured I comment suicide or something. Because I saw her turn corner she must have been going to fast because she swerved and the truck that was coming didn’t stop on time and it plowed right into the driver door. Her car just kind of tipped you know and the doctor told me her neck had snapped. I easily could have walked home or asked one of my friends but you know stuff like that happens there really nothing you can ...” Laura was crying now she was sitting in a chair in front of the kitchen counter. Heather went over to her and put her arms around Laura and stroking her head. Heather spoke, “I also lost a friend but she was murdered. It was Lilith Sotomar she played the detective in that movie you had seen me in. She was murdered in front of me. I was tied up and I guess the ropes were tighter around me than I thought.” Laura spoke, “do you know who killed her?” Heather spoke, “My boss Edward Frilla”
Laura let go Heather, she spoke, “What were you going to do when you found him? I’m sure you know where he is?” Heather spoke,” I was going to kill him.” Laura spoke, “with what? Your hands! It wouldn’t work judging from the hire gunmen he has. You wouldn’t get ten feet near him. “Heather slumped in the chair behind her, she spoke, and “I know that.” Laura spoke, “Would you like me to help?” Heather spoke, “no, I can do it?” a branch creaked; Laura had her right hand under the counter. She fired a small handgun that fell out from the right sleeve in her blouse. Someone fell out of the tree. Heather just looked surprised she spoke, “How did you know where to shoot?” Laura went to the back sliding glass door. She looked at the body she spoke, “Damn, I was hoping it was my neighbor. Oh well,”
Heather yelled, “Behind you!” Laura grabbed the shadowy figure by the arm and flipped them over her shoulder; she picked them up with their arm twisted behind their back. She spoke, “anymore of you around?” The lady spoke, “Bite me! Ahhh!" Laura spoke, “Nah, I think I’ll just break your wrist.”
Heather went over to Laura and spoke, “where’s your boss? Scumbag!” the lady spoke “At an old abandoned church downtown. Ahhh!” Laura spoke, “Which one?” the lady spoke “Anderson’s First Baptist Church.” Laura let go of the ladies wrist. The lady spit at Laura’s feet than ran off holding her wrist. Laura turned to Heather and spoke, “Scumbag? Out of all the words you could choose from, you chose scumbag.” Heather spoke, “I always wanted to use that word.” Laura spoke, “don’t use it again, it sounds cheesy.” Laura laughed a little and went inside Heather went inside too. Laura had a camera in her hand Heather posed in front of the sliding door, Laura took the picture.
Heather spoke, “that’s going to turn out ugly.” Laura spoke, “I think it’s going to be cute. Well, time for bed.” Laura yawned Heather figured she would sleep on the couch, she was about to lay down when Laura spoke, “Come on, I’m letting you sleep down here by yourself after that murder attempt.”
Heather followed Laura up the stair. It was just as big as downstairs. She saw a spare room. Laura spoke “Heather!” Heather went to where she heard Laura. She was in a master bedroom.
Laura patted the bed and spoke, “it won’t bite your sleeping in here. That way I can keep an eye on you.” Heather got under the covers. Laura clapped her hands and the lights went out.
Heather kept looking at the door and the shadows on the wall. Laura spoke, “You asleep?”
Heather spoke, “No, I don’t want to close my eyes.” Heather felt Laura’s arm’s wrapped around her waist and her head rested on her shoulder Laura spoke, “are you scared now?” Heather placed her hand over Laura’s and went to sleep.
The next morning Heather woke up she looked Laura wasn’t in the bed. Laura was at the door in a sweater and blue jeans she spoke, “Get up bed head it’s 9:30 Breakfast is ready.”
Heather looked at the edge of the bed was a white gift box. She opened it. Inside was some underwear, a bra a white blouse and black dress pants. She stepped out of bed by the door was a box a pair of black box. She showered and brushed her teeth with a new toothbrush she saw in the holder. She went down stair and into the kitchen. Laura spoke, “Whoa, I can’t believe I got the measurements right. Oh, and you look nice.”
They ate breakfast Laura washed the dishes and went behind Heather and grabbed her by her waist. Heather laughed a little then spoke, “Are we going to the church tonight?” Laura spoke, “Yep. I’m bored now. How good are you at dancing?” Heather looked puzzled, but spoke, “ok, I guess. It depends on the dance.” Laura put on some classical music she bowed and out stretched her hand Heather laughed as she took Laura’s hand. And they waltzed on the wooden floor. Heather had the advantage she was on Laura’s feet. After that they played chess for awhile and then watched a movie at 8:30 they left the house. They were silent through the drive.
They got to church, no one was outside Laura spoke, “there’s a back door that leads to some stairs. It’ll take you to the balcony.” Heather spoke, “where will you be?” Laura spoke “I’ll go in through the front door and take care of the lackeys.”
Laura took out a hat and put it on and got out of the car. She handed Heather a gun. She was about to leave when Heather turned her head and kissed her. She spoke, “thank you.” She got out of the car Laura followed. She walked up to the doors and opened doors. She looked inside it was a pretty nice church with huge stained glass windows, some burned pews, and a huge hole was in the right side wall.
Laura looked at the pews and saw movement in her pocket was a hand grenade she let it roll to the first pew, it exploded, Machineguns went off. She got out her two guns and started firing. She shot about ten before she ran out of bullets she knocked out a guy behind a curtain and took his gun. She went up the stairs she was shot in the arm and leg she still fired she ran up the stairs punched a lady out with her gun.
She was shot in her left arm twice as she went to the send floor. Another gunman came and knocked her off the side railing she fell onto some pews. Meanwhile Heather saw her boss he was standing at the balcony watching the whole thing. He spoke, “wonderful performance. It’s time for my curtain call huh, Heather?” Heather raised her gun and fired. Laura looked up at the second floor over the organ; Heather’s boss was still standing. He spoke “Couldn’t do it, could you? I trained you well my little star. Ahhhh!” Heather spoke, “Go to sleep for a while.” She lowers her gun, Laura stood up, and Heather came down a ladder and pointed the gun at Laura.
Laura spoke, “I just remembered, My Life’s Gate yeah that’s it.” Heather spoke, “what? Oh, never mind, your dead anyway. I’m not going back to prison, the guards there were crazy. They beat my friend to death. Sure it happened two months ago and that police squad secret service people came after me. And I hadn’t eaten in two days trying to save money… why are you smiling? You’re going to die.”
Laura spoke, “you have no bullets in your gun.” Heather spoke, “I what?” Two officers rushed in through the front door and arrested Heather. She screamed and kicked they knocked her out with their clubs. Mr. Frilla got up he looked up and was looking through, the barrel of Laura’s gun she spoke, “Don’t think I wouldn’t shoot. You did beat that woman to death. “
He got up and spoke, “how did you know Heather was an ex-con?” Laura spoke, “No rope could cause a bruise that deep unless it was made of steel and only a night stick could cause those other bruises. And the police files help out every now and than. Plus it helps to be a fan of crappy videos, there’s no actress named Heather Johnson, there’s one named Heather Furson and she never played a detective in her movies. And her most recent film was called My Life’s Gate.” The police took Mr. Frilla away.
Laura was sent to the infirmary where she was bandaged up when she got out she went to Wal-Mart to get her pictures. She Heather’s picture right next to Veronica’s and her deceive badge.

THE END

Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:57 pm 
LEAKITTY22

I LIKE THAT Smile IT WAS LIKE INTRESTING AND I CRAVE MORE OF YOUR WRITINGS SO KEEP THEM COMMING SWEETY Smile

Post Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:47 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: