BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

The girl with a bucket on her foot
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mairi bheag

The girl with a bucket on her foot

One day the girl with the knickers on her head was walking down the road. Actually what she was doing was walking with one foot on the pavement and the other in the gutter. This was because it she had the knickers pulled well down to keep out the wind, and her vision was partly obscured.

The street was fairly quiet, but after a while the girl with the knickers on her head realised that someone else was walking towards her. She could hear a steady “clang stump clang stump clang stump”, and it was getting louder by the second. When she judged that whoever it was that was clang-stumping along was close she stepped to one side. There was a “stump clang” and an awkward silence – obviously the other person had tried to doge in the same direction. The girl with the knickers on her head stepped the other way, and heard a simultaneous “clang stump” – the person had dodged that way too. The girl with the knickers on her head tentatively raised one foot; there was a simultaneous slight scraping noise, as if something metal had been lifted clear of the ground. The girl with the knickers on her head put her foot down. “Clang” came the almost instantaneous reply.

The girl with the knickers on her head decided to satisfy her curiosity. She raised the waistband of the knickers until it was above her eyes. Standing before her was a rather sweet young woman. With a bucket on her foot.

The girl with the knickers on her head looked down at the feet of the girl with the bucket on her foot. The girl with the bucket on her foot looked up at the head of the girl with the knickers on her head.

“Why have you got a bucket on your foot?” said the girl with the knickers on her head.

“I was carrying this bucket of water round to the back of my house,” said the girl with the bucket on her foot. “When I slipped on a banana skin. I fell over and tipped the water all over myself, then when I got up I accidentally put one foot into the bucket. It got stuck. It’s still stuck.”

“I presume it’s because you got wet,” ventured the girl with the knickers on her head. “That you’re also wearing a bathrobe in the street?”

“Yes,” said the girl with the bucket on her foot.

“Hmm,” said the girl with the knickers on her head. An awkward silence followed, which is only to be expected in circumstances like this.

“May I ask why you have a pair of knickers on your head?” asked the girl with the bucket on her foot.

The girl with the knickers on her head shrugged. “Force of habit,” she said, offhandedly.

The girl with the bucket on her foot looked up more closely at the girl with the knickers on her head. “I say!” she said, proving herself right. “Are you by any chance a lesbian?”

“Why yes,” said the girl with the knickers on her head. “How ever did you know that?”

“The dirty great neon sign above your head,” said the girl with the bucket on her foot, and laughed as the girl with the knickers on her head actually looked up. The girl with the knickers on her head blushed and felt foolish, and thought about making some excuse to go. But the girl with the bucket on her foot was smiling, and it was a very nice smile, so she didn’t go. She stayed, and she smiled back.

“Actually,” said the girl with the bucket on her foot. “I couldn’t help noticing that there’s a logo on your knickers. You’ve got them on inside-out of course, but I can make out that it says ‘I do girls’, and I’ve seen a pair like that in Diva magazine.”

“Oh,” said the girl with the knickers on her head. “Are you a lesbian too?”

“Yes!” exclaimed the girl with the bucket on her foot. And then she said, “I like you. Will you marry me?”

“Yes!” exclaimed the girl with the knickers on her head, and the girl with the bucket on her foot did a happy little dance (clangety-stump, stumpety-clang). Then she stopped, and thought. Then she said:

“Where shall we live?”

“Iona!” said the girl with the knickers on her head.

So that is what they did. Never mind that lesbians can’t get married on Iona, or anywhere else near there, married they did get. They lived in a little cottage at the end of a lane, overlooking Mull. They became a regular sight in the village – a girl with a pair of knickers on her head walking hand-in hand with a girl with a bucket on her foot, dressed in a bathrobe. People got used to them, except perhaps for tourists, who were always tripping over corncrakes and bumping into MacLean’s Cross, because they were watching the girl with the knickers on her head and the girl with the bucket on her foot, instead of watching where they were going.

The girl with the knickers on her head and the girl with the bucket on her foot lived happily ever after, keeping the knickers and the bucket firmly in place all the time. And the moral of this story is – it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks, even if you have a bucket on your foot, as long as you are happy.

Post Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:23 am 
Elbereth

This is a wonderful story, Mairi!

Hugs,
... from the Elf who goes into the woods every day just to look gently at the thistle there at the side of the road Wink

Post Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:23 pm 
Mairi bheag

Aaaawwww! Elf, my old friend!

* Kuss *

Mb
xx

Post Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:29 pm 
JackieCrimson

Both funny and touching!

JackieCrimson

Post Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:59 am 
Mairi bheag

Thank you, Jackie.

Mb
xx

Post Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:27 am 
holycat

That was a wonderfull and magic little story,
it touched my heart and helped me remember... Idea
Thank You, Mairi.

Wild Things Run Free...
Joni Mitchell.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:34 pm 
Mairi bheag

Thank you. I am proud to have provoked you first posting. Welcome to the forum - enjoy!

Mb
xx

Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:39 pm 
Hawaiian

Mairi,

I've been meaning to say this after reading some of your work, and this is as good a place as any-I stand in awe of your versatility both as a writer and as a poet.

Keep up the good work Wink

HawnEyes

Post Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:02 am 
Mairi bheag

Hawn, thank you for your kind comments.

Mb
xx

Post Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:21 am 
mishsana

wow what an imganation you have. this is a great story love to read more of your work.

Mish Exclamation

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:59 pm 
Mairi bheag

Thanks Mishsana. This story comes from a set of jokey conversations I used to have with an ex. I'm glad you like it.

Mb
xx

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:37 pm 
desert-fish

MB...lol Laughing

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:17 pm 
Mairi bheag

Very Happy

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:06 am 
drdj2006

it would be a grate story for kids

if you could get past all the questions about why one girl had knickers on her head and the other had a bucket on her foot and why they didnt take them off...

which i guess is a point of the story

but eather way

it would be good for kids or at least i think it would be

but im also replying at 430 in the morning and my thought process could be a little thrown off

i still liked it and its poetic rythem which i liked the most

thanks for the story

SIX

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Mairi bheag

Yeah the "story-for-kids" style is deliberate, even though it's about two women meeting and living together.

Smile

Mb
xx

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:26 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: