BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

Femme2Femme - episode 1 of a funny could-be love story

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ChickOfLit

Femme2Femme - episode 1 of a funny could-be love story

Episode #1: It’s so hard to say goodbye…and almost harder to say hello

Joellen and Kyle sat on the steps outside Joellen’s apartment, facing a Budget truck. The hot, Louisiana sun beat down on their foreheads as they held each other’s hand. Joellen swiped her index finger along the top of Kyle’s hand, taking in the contrast between his from-the-beach tan and her natural beige hue. Her face was a contradiction of bright smile and huge tears rolling down her cheeks. She raised Kyle’s hand to her lips and kissed it.

“I don’t want you to go,” Joellen whispered onto Kyle’s hand.

“I don’t want to go,” Kyle said.

Joellen sniffed. “Graduation sucks.”

Kyle laughed. “No it doesn’t,” he said. “We’ve been waiting for that day for three years, Joe.”

“I thought we would have time. I thought you said you were staying for a couple of weeks.”

“I was,” Kyle said, “but I need to get back home and make some money before I head to Minnesota for my Ph.D.”

“Make money here.” Joellen tapped each of Kyle’s finger. “Keep your apartment. The complex won’t be the same without you.”

“I can make more money back home,” Kyle responded. “Besides, you can use my studio as extra office space.”

Joellen playfully smacked Kyle. He laughed. “Your little company is growing everyday. You’re making the women of Louisiana very happy.”

“Excuse you,” Joellen jumped in. “I now have people working in twenty states.”

“Oh, excuse me.” They both laughed. “Three years to get your double masters in English and creative writing and you manage to create a lesbian matchmaking company? Only you, Joe.”

“Yeah. Only me.” Joellen leaned into Kyle’s shoulder. “Only I could be a matchmaker yet have no match.”

Kyle threw his left arm around Joellen’s shoulder. He squeezed it. “You’ll find one,” he said. “You’re too wonderful to be alone.”

“Only you think that, Kyle.”

Kyle shook his head no. “Not true.”

“You know, Kylie,” Joellen whispered, “I thought you were the one for me.”

“Do you know how much we would argue if we were together?” Kyle asked.

“We would not,” she spoke in a high voice. “We are best friends, crazy boy.”

“Yes, we are, but I’m crazy and hyper and a total extrovert, and you are little miss keeps-to-herself.”

“Opposites attract?” Joellen asked.

“Hmm.” Kyle glanced at Joellen. “Maybe.”

Joellen reached out and stroked an index finger down Kyle’s lean cheek. His chin.

“I had the hugest crush on you,” Joellen said. “I feel like I’m losing my best friend and the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with at the same time.”

Before Kyle could respond, Joellen pressed against him and kissed his lips. His arms wrapped her waist…hers around his neck. The kiss intensified until Kyle pulled away. Red tinged his skin.

Joellen closed her eyes and willed her heart to stop beating so fast.

“I love you, Joe,” Kyle whispered. Tears glistened his startling blue eyes. He reached out and touched the tips of Joellen’s long ponytails.

“I love you, too, Kyle.”

“You’re going to meet someone sweet and wonderful, just like you.”

“Whatever,” Joellen muttered between sniffles.

“And she’s going to be everything you ever wanted.”

“She?”

Kyle raised an eyebrow. Smirked. “As your best friend, I know
everything about you, Joe. Remember that. In three years, you have been on about four dates. All girls.”

“That’s because you wouldn’t take the chance.”

Kyle grinned. “You know the only reason you love me is because I’m so sensitive, because I baby you, because I mother you and do all those sweet things for you.”

“Okay, and?”

“You just haven’t found the right girl to do all those things for you,” Kyle said. “When you do, you’ll be calling me and raving about the new love of your life. She’ll probably look just like me.”

Joellen roared in laughter. “If I meet a girl that looks like you, I will run the other way. You’re cute and all, but you’re a guy. She’d at least have to have breasts and a butt.”

“Hey, I got a butt.”

“A little one.” Joellen threw her hands up in defense. “It’s a cute little one, though.”

Kyle stood before Joellen and held out his hands. She took them and rose.

A quiet moment passed between them before Kyle asked, “So what you doing today?”

Joellen bit her bottom lip as tears fell. Kyle batted them away.

“Gonna go up to the school and clear my side of the office out. Piddle around. Cry a little.”

Kyle slid Joellen into his arms and hugged her tightly. He kissed her forehead.

“I left you something in the office,” Kyle said.

“Will it make me cry?”

“Probably.”

“Gee, thanks.”

“I’ll call you as soon as I get in, okay?” Kyle said.

Joellen nodded.

“We’ll write and call and e-mail everyday.”

“We will,” Joellen said.

“We’re spending New Years together, right?”

“Yep,” Joellen said.

“I love you.”

Joellen mussed up Kyle’s short brown hair. “I love you too, Kylie.”

“Let me get going.”

Kyle looked at the truck, then back to Joellen.

“Be good,” he said. “Don’t date too many of your clients.”

Joellen chuckled. “I’ll try not to.”

Kyle kissed Joellen one last time before getting into the truck. He started the truck and tapped the horn. He blew a kiss to Joellen and pulled out.

Joellen sat back down on the steps, dropped her head onto her lap, and cried until she felt depleted of all moisture.

>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<

Joellen walked into the Language department office.

“Whoa,” Sue, the secretary said. “This ain’t my Joellen, is it? Where’s your spiffy outfit?”

Joellen looked down at herself. Her hot pink spandex top, baggy overalls, pink Chuck Taylors, ponytails, and tinted frames for her wire-rimmed glasses to hide her swollen eyes was the complete opposite of how she normally dressed when on campus. She never attended class or taught without a skirt or pantsuit on. Her hair perfectly coiffed. Her wire-rims perched just so on her nose.

“Haven’t you heard?” Joellen said. “I’m a graduate now. Looking good is optional.”

Sue laughed. “You up here to clean your office?”

“Yep. Last thing to do before it’s official.”

Joellen stepped to the inbox and pulled out five pink while-you-were-out slips.

“What in the world are these about?” she asked. “The semester is over. I hope those knuckleheads don’t think they can make up a final.”

“No,” Sue said. “Those are from the same girl. She wouldn’t say why she was calling. She just gave her number and said it was an emergency that you contact her.”

Joellen flipped through the slips. Cressida Cartwright. Hearts dotted the Is.

“Never heard of this girl,” Joellen said. “I’ll be back down with my key in a bit, Sue.”

“Take your time. If I’m out to lunch, just leave a note on my desk and slip the key in the middle drawer.”

“Will do.” Joellen hugged Sue. “I’m still gonna come by here every once in a while to bother you, Sue. This place wouldn’t thrive without you at the helm.”

“Thank you, sweetie. You’ve been one of the sweetest students we’ve had come through here.”

Joellen gave Sue a wink before heading upstairs.

On the third floor, Joellen walked through a dimly lit corridor and came to her door. Dillan and Downey, educating your souls was stenciled on a nameplate on the door. Her mother had made it for her. Joellen had been thrilled to share the office for three years with Kyle. When she had first met him, she knew he would be the one for her. Even when he never asked her out, or never kissed her (at least not in that I want you kind of way), Joellen was connected to Kyle in a way she couldn’t explain. He was more than a brother. Less than a lover. It was one of those weird, beautiful relationships that wasn’t meant to be questioned. It just was.

Joellen opened the door and giggled. On her desk was a candy and pen bouquet with balloons tied to the handle. A card perched against the basket.

Joellen sat on the edge of her desk, slipped the sunglass piece from her glasses, opened the card and read:

<i>Hey Beautiful,
Miss me already? Good because I’m missing you terribly. I’ve enjoyed every second I’ve spent with you over the last three years. I feel like I’ve known you all my life. We are best friends for life, Joe. Distance, smistance! J Be good, write me constantly, call and nag me incessantly, and know that I’m always here for you. Oh, and watch out for the girl of your dreams! Love you. Kylie (yes, just this once I will write KYLIE for you!)</i>

Joellen laughed and wiped at her eyes. She blinked and when she opened her eyes, a blur of a girl came bustling into the office, knocking Joellen from the desk.

Before she could crash into the chairs, Joellen felt the girl grab her hand and pull her up.

“I’m so sorry,” the girl said in a soft, whispery voice.

“Uh, that’s okay, I guess,” Joellen muttered.

Standing straight and getting her balance back, Joellen rubbed her eyes and finally looked at the girl.

She was Joellen’s height—5’6”, and that’s where the similarities ended. Joellen was more voluptuous. The girl was athletic and toned and wasn’t afraid to show off her body as she wore a midriff-baring tank top and a pair of cotton shorts from the bookstore with the school’s name stenciled across her heart-shaped bottom. Joellen could tell the girl wasn’t wearing a bra—the girl’s breasts were small, a female hand’s full…and perky. Where Joellen was black, this girl was the color of peaches and cream. Joellen had thick ropes of cinnamon-brown hair. The girl wore hers short, shiny, brown and tapered near her ears and neck. Where Joellen had brown eyes, this girl had eyes the color of a crisp piece of sky.

In the blink of an eye, Joellen had taken in everything there was to see about the girl, including her small pink lips and the bright smile that flashed before her. The smile disappeared as fast as it came.

“You okay?” the girl asked.

The girl touched Joellen’s cheek. She flinched.

“Your eyes,” the girl said. “They’re puffy.”

Joellen flitted her hands about.

“Just allergies,” she lied. “Can I help you?”

“I’m Cressida Cartwright,” the girl said before thrusting out her hand.

“Joellen Dillan.”

“I know. You educate souls.”

“Huh?”

Cressida pointed at the nameplate.

“Yeah,” Joellen said.

“I came by here at least four times last week,” Cressida said.

“Last week was finals. I wasn’t in except to give exams.”

“I figured.”

Joellen sat back on her desk. “So, um, do I know you?” she asked.

“No, but I know you.” Cressida crossed her arms up under her breasts and leaned into the doorframe. “I heard about your Femme2Femme business, and I need a hook up.”

Joellen shot a look into the hallway, then back at Cressida.

“I don’t really mix my school life with my business life…or my social life for that matter,” Joellen whispered.

Cressida laughed. The sound almost like a breeze riffling through a wind chime.

“That’s really hard to do,” she said. “I mean, do you know how big you are here? You’ve hooked up a lot of females in Louisiana. A lot of my friends have found friends on your website. I figured why go through the site if I can see you in the flesh.”

Joellen felt a flutter in her lower belly. She didn’t think it showed, but she could feel her cheeks burning. Cressida smirked.

“My friends told me there’s a questionnaire and an application and fees and stuff like that,” Cressida rambled on.

Joellen cleared her throat and nodded. “That’s correct.”

“So when can we get this ball rolling?” Cressida moved in close to Joellen and sat in what used to be Kyle’s chair. She eyed the bouquet and balloons.

“Boyfriend?” Cressida asked.

“No.”

“Girlfriend?”

“No.”

Cressida laughed. “Don’t blush. Better yet, do blush. It gives you that healthy, living outside look.”

Joellen opened her mouth to speak, but Cressida continued: “The last relationship I was in was like a year ago. I was with her for two years. She broke up with me. It hurt like fuck. I stayed in hibernation for a while. You know, that getting to know me again phase, and now I’m ready to jump back out there, meet me someone great and reconnect with the universe and all that jazz.”

“Okay,” Joellen said, drawing out the ‘o’ and ‘a’.

“So,” Cressida said, “can we get that started now?”

“Well.” Joellen dropped her hands into her lap. She felt a sliver of
electricity race up her spine as Cressida gave her the slow check out. “I’m here cleaning out my office right now. Besides, all that information is at home.”

“You don’t have an office?”

“Yes, I do. At home. I typically don’t meet people one-on-one, especially with the company being online.”

“So, I’ll get to check out your digs, eh?”

Cressida grinned. Winked. Then laughed.

“I guess so,” Joellen said.

Cressida jumped up and clapped her hands. “Alrighty then. Where do ya live?”

Joellen dug in her backpack and pulled out her wallet, then a card.

Cressida read it: “Joellen Carolyn Dillan, owner, Femme2Femme.com. Making connections, one match at a time. Now this addy isn’t online. Phone number isn’t either.”

Joellen laughed. “I would be a tad bit crazy to put my personal info on the internet. You are safe, right?”

Cressida walked to the door. Joellen couldn’t help but to watch how Cressida’s tiny, tight butt jiggled slightly under the thin cotton shorts. She swallowed hard.

“I’m as safe as most,” Cressida said.

She and Joellen stared down each other in silence before both laughing.

“Will you be free this afternoon?” Cressida asked.

“How about four?”

“Sounds good. See you then.” Cressida turned to leave. “Oh,” she said as she turned back around. “I just have to say this. You are so much hotter than I thought you would be. You know, with the internet and all, I figured you were some lonely, beauty-challenged woman, hooking women up but unable to find anyone to hook yourself up to. The glasses? Nerdy sexy. The pigtails? Could make a girl wanna swing around you all day long.”
Joellen lowered her gaze. She felt the need to push Cressida from her office, lock the door and think of cold showers. Brisk, shots of icy water to cool her down.

Cressida laughed.

“You are so adorable,” she said. “Are you taken?”

Joellen remained silent.

“Can I pick you from a list of would-be mates?”

“I’m not a possible mate,” Joellen stammered.

“Too bad.” Cressida ran her fingers through her short hair. “I’ll see
you this afternoon, Joellen.”

Cressida grinned before switching around.

Joellen fell into her seat and watched the sway of Cressida’s hips
as she walked away, made a left and disappeared.

She looked down at the opened card and read Kyle’s words: Oh, and watch out for the girl of your dreams!

She laughed. “Did you plan this hurricane, Kylie?”

|||||
This is episode #1 of a monthly series I will do at my new site Running from Miss Right (link in my signature). This is the May episode. Episode 2 is due out next month, around June 15! Smile

Shon Bacon

what happens when you fall in love with someone you least expect?
http://www.runningfrommissright.com

Post Sun May 30, 2004 7:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
poutygirl

Please continue

I know its been 3 years, but i just read your story and i really liked it. I still dont get why nobody has replied Evil or Very Mad . Its a great story. PLEASE CONTINUE Laughing

Post Fri May 02, 2008 9:57 am 
angelsheart

will ever there be more of this hooking up lines???????????? pleassssseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Post Sat May 10, 2008 11:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
surflady_99

it was beautiful to read the connection between Joellen and Kylie. Makes me wish i had more men in my life like that. Thank you for sharing!

Post Sun May 18, 2008 2:49 pm 
aidyl

Now saw your story for the first times. You have my total interest to see what happens next. I know YEARS and YEARS have passed but if possible can you add more?

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:48 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: