BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> General Fiction

The Great Doggy Door Adventure

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Allison

Another grueling day was coming to a close after long hours of meetings and numerous telephone calls. Cat loved her job, don't get me wrong, but this day wore on forever and the weather outside did nothing to improve her mood.

The afternoon scattered showers projected by the weatherman had grown into violent thunderstorms, with pelting rain and hail. There were also reports of downed trees from several tornadoes that had spawned and touched down across the city.

Cat looked out the large window of her corner office and to the west, she could see the sun as it slowly sank toward the horizon. To the east, she saw angry black clouds and flashes of lightning running across the sky.

On any other night, Cat would have stayed to enjoy the display as it crackled and lit up the sky, but not tonight. Tonight she had to make it home by eight for a very special telephone call. The very lovely Mel was due to call, and she had suggested Cat be at home in a warm bubble bath, surrounded by fragrant lit candles and have a bottle of her favorite wine sitting by the tub.

Cat looked at her watch. Seven already she thought as she glanced again at the window and the horrendous weather she would have to drive through to get home. Oh well, the relaxing bath and soothing voice would make the drive well worth the additional stress. So, with a spark of excitement in her eyes she made her way into the parking garage and slipped behind the wheel of her sleek sportscar.

As she left the garage and headed east, the skies grew increasingly darker. The rain fell in sheets against her windshield as cars passed her headed away from the storm and her hands gripped the wheel tightly. She drove on through the pouring rain and within a few miles of reaching home, the rain was no more than a drizzle, but the storm had left a battlefield of destruction in it's wake. Trees had been torn loose by their roots and littered the streets causing Cat to take several detours on her homeward journey. The traffic lights were out, more than likely damaged by one of the large trees that had fallen victim of the storm. Fortunately, traffic was light and despite the stress the storm was causing, Cat managed to manuever through the intersections smoothly and finally turned the corner for home.

Cat reached down into the console to retrieve the remote to the front gate which would open to her drive. Not thinking of anything besides bubbles and a sexy voice, Cat pressed the button to open the gate. No response. Frustrated, she pressed the button two more times. "Damn," she cried out when she remembered the power was out.

Cat looked down at her watch. Seven thirty. Still plenty of time left she thought. The flashing yellow lights of an electric company truck approached her car and she smiled at the man as he passed, relieved to see repair crews were in action so quickly.

Cat pulled her car up next to the gate and parked it sideways, blocking the gate, but moving her car safely out of the normally busy street. She looked down at the clock on the console and it read seven forty-five. She checked her watch and sure enough, her precious minutes were flying by.

Cat stepped out of the car and straightened her black linen skirt as she stepped onto the sidewalk in her black spiked heels. Even at five feet five inches tall, Cat could barely see over the brick fence that surrounded her home. She could all but smell those candles now, she thought as she looked around to find the streets completely empty. She slipped her house keys into the pocket of her skirt and with a less than graceful lurch, jumped to grab the top of the fence. She struggled mightily until she managed to swing her right foot over the top of the fence. Cat realized the most un-lady-like position she was in and a fit of giggles threatened to overtake her. "If mother could only see me now," she said to herself. Mother Nature answered her remark by sending a gust of wind at that moment which caught the hem of her skirt and blew it up her already exposed thigh. If the Police passed by now she was uncertain whether they would arrest her for public indecency or as a bumbling cat burglar. Oh my lord, where are these thoughts coming from, Cat thought again surpressing a giggle.

At that moment, her right foot chose to slip, but her cat-like reeflexes were quick enought to prevent her from falling off the wall, but the damage to her beautiful leather spiked heel would be inrepairable. Cat frowned at the long gash in the black leather and her giggles were replaced by a sudden rage. "Damn," Cat cried out again.

The surge of anger, however, provided Cat with the energy to pull the rest of her body onto the wall and she lay their with a smile of victory on her face until she glanced at her watch. Seven fifty. Cat sat up on the wall and as gracefully as she could, hopped down from the fence. As soon as she touched ground, Cat realized her mistake as her three inch heels sank in the rain soaked turf.

"What the hell," Cat said. The shoes were goners anyhow, so being the lady that she is, Cat carefully pulled her feet out of the damaged shoes and she began to walk quickly across the lawn. She reached down in her pocket and pulled out her keys just as she reached the front door, only to find she did not have a key. Normally, she would have entered through the garage door, but with the absence of power, that was no longer an option.

Totally disgusted and with her precious minutes ticking rapidly away Cat walked around to the back of her home. She was in desperate need of that bottle of wine and a soothing voice after this adventure.

And then, with mere minutes left, Cat's eyes came to rest on her only glimmer of hope. The Doggy Door! Twenty-four inches by twenty-four inches of absolute salvation to a weary soul. Cat knew she could make it to that bath tub yet, so she laid down on the still wet porch and poked her head through the doggy door. Ah, that part was easy enough and she worked one arm and shoulder through and then the other. She used her hands to press against the inside of the door to pull the rest of her body through and looked up to find her two angels watching her with their head cocked sideways. They were totally confused by their mother coming through their door when she had a perfect people sized one of her own.

When Cat spoke to ease her beloved's worry, the attack was on. Both her springer spaniel and her german short-haired pounced on her and began licking. Cat wiggled and giggled at their loving attention and then suddenly she realized she was stuck. The keys that she had angrily jammed in her pocket were now rather painfully wedged between her hip and and doggy door.

Cat tugged and pulled but those damned keys would not budge and were painfully digging in. To top that, Cat could see through the window on the door that darkness had fallen and every time her legs moved, the motion sensored light on the porch was activated. So, here she was stuck half in and half out of her doggy door for her neighbors to see, if only they would look her way.

And the pups you ask? They are taking full advantage of Mom's predicament and smothering her with attention. Then, the phone rang. When she did not answer for obvious reasons, Mel began to leave a message. When the pup's heard her voice they ran to the telephone freeing Cat's hands again.

She listened to Mel's sweet message being recorded as she tried to reach the zipper on the back of her skirt. She finally managed to lower the zipper enough to begin working the skirt down her body. She squeezed one hand back though the doggy door and pulled with all her might until the keys and skirt went flying. Inch by inch, she wiggled and squirmed until she finally worked her body through the door and soaked from the workout and the wet concrete she finally stood inside her home. She jerked the door open and the pups flew out into the yard. Cat snatched up her skirt and roughly closed the door. She grabbed a wine glass and a bottle of wine from the kitchen and carefully walked through the dark house to the bathroom.

She poured a glass and took a deep drink before setting the glass on the edge of the tub. She started the water and poured bubbles into the tepid water. She then lit several candles surrounding the tub.

Cat removed her now tattered stockings and the remainder of her clothes. She then walked into the bedroom for a portable telephone. Finally, she sank her weary body into the luxurious bubbles and when the telephone rang and it was the sexy voice of Mel, all was right in her world again.

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
ghost

LMAO.....

this was sooo funny!!

musta been quite a sight.....

grin.

thanks for letting alli share this story with us, mdm.

regards
ghost

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:57 am 
Allison

Thanks Ghosty. I nearlt fell out of my chair writing this one several times
Wink

Alli

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Mdm Prez

Allison

Although this is under General Fiction, It is true.

I can't believe how you captured every detail, almost as if you had been there. I know I said that about your story SUGAR LAND, too. You write as if you are in the story. That talent amazes.

Well, thanks for chronicling my time with a power failure. It was quite a day, actually 40 hours without power.

You made me laugh at myself over and over.

Thanks Ali,

Cat

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:01 pm 
Allison

mdm...glad I could write it. Your version was such a fantastic story I felt obligated to write something. I know it is a true story, but could think of no where else to put it. Suggestions? Thanks again for allowing me to put this story down.

Alli

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:06 pm 
goldenwillow

this is a great story, alli!! sounds like something that would happen to me! lol

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:26 pm 
Allison

Crossing my fingers that it doesn't Gw Wink

Alli

Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:44 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: