BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Books and Story Writers

Hey Short Story!

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Woman

Hey Short Story!

I'm on a short story writing course and a woman on the course posted a story...well wow.

Posting it in a second...

Woman

Post Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:53 pm 
Woman

Here is the great story

Copyright Carrie Anne Curtis

I first saw her when I got the early bus to the business park.

Long brown wavy hair and beautiful blue, feline eyes. The sort you have to see to believe. She was wearing her winter coat, the red knitted one with the big brown buttons. A cream shirt with slightly raised collars and a thick brown waist- band that made her look thinner than she really was. Tall, not too tall though, enough to still be ladylike. And her skin wasn’t like anything I ´d seen before. Fair, very fair with slight freckling, but it had this glow about it. She was amazing.

It’s only now that I feel I can really tell you about her. That day changed me. I know that sounds like a cliché, but it really did.

I didn’t know how at first, thought I a crush, that maybe I admired, had wanted to be like her.
I’d purposely get the early bus from then on. Hope to see her. Just get a glimpse. I was miserable if I missed her, she was ill or something, had taken a holiday.
I used to go home and fantasise. At first just about being her friend. And then, well then I started to think about the impossible. At least for me it was impossible.

I barely heard her speak, and never to me anyway. But it didn’t matter, I knew exactly how she would have sounded. Soft, sweet and feminine but not like a bimbo. Well spoken.
I watched her on those bus trips for almost seven months. I had to watch myself, position myself so as to hide the gaze I held throughout those thirty minutes. If someone was to notice something, well it could all be different now. I thought of wearing sunglasses but it would have been strange for those dark mornings. Quite unnecessary.

It was the Tuesday before my birthday, when I decided to see where she lived. I hung around for the bus in the afternoon. It didn’t matter it was only a half hour difference for me. I waited just feet behind her. Staring at that soft looking mass of hair. I tried desperately to push ahead to the seat behind hers but that idiot from the second floor got in before me.
When we arrived at Canal Street I really wasn’t surprised to see her get out. It couldn’t have been anymore perfect. I watched her step off the bus and walk with her graceful step along the road to those stylish looking flats. The ones behind the Rose and Crown. Of course she lived there. Where else!
I only made this trip three or four times, but it was enough to start imagining myself getting off there too. Walking with her to the flat. The one with the balcony I thought.

This was ok. I could manage the fantasies for a time, and then the questions started. Reality started closing in on me. I had a husband and family. What would they think? What was I doing?
I began to resent my husbands presence. Everything he did started to grate on me. His sloppy habits, the dull conversation and the way he made no effort with his appearance anymore. He didn’t drive me to anything. We both just lost interest I suppose. The thing is, I never meant for any of this to happen.
I did think about changing my life, but then there was the family. My parents would never have understood. Maybe it would be different when they died but for then at least, I couldn’t change a thing. I had too many people to think about anyway.
So I stopped myself. And I did it the only way I knew how. I didn’t have any other alternative.

Post Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:57 pm 
talula

wow, its like i was right there with you... i enjoyed reading this!!!! your descriptions were well its like i was seeing it through your eyes!!! great job Smile chat with u around
love hugs and kisses
talula

If time and space are curved, where do all of the straight people come from?
~Author Unknown

Post Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
melons
Site Admin

Hi Woman Very Happy

the laws on copyright are pretty strict and many people don't realise that even though you state copyright and the owners name this does not give you the right to post their work, unless you have their express permission to do so.

Therefore, if you do not have the direct permission from Carrie Anne Curtis, to post her story on melswebs then you (and therefore melswebs) are in breech of copyright......a situation I don't want to be in.

Please let me know whether you have her permission, if not then I will have no option but to delete this post.

Sorry Shocked

Mel Cool

Post Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:07 pm 
Woman

I did ask her permission and she said yes.

Woman

Post Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:05 pm 
melons
Site Admin

Thats great news then Woman, thanks Smile

Mel Cool

Post Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:02 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: