BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

talking to my mum

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
jetblack

talking to my mum

I've been talking to my mum and a couple of close friends right from the start of my questioning. I'm pretty sure my mum thinks it's just a phase. She could be right but the more I think about it the more I'm sure. I think she'll be supportive no matter what.

Not ready to talk to many other people yet. I'm not used to having to edit my words.

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
fAkE

Hey, I kinda know how you feel. I told my mom that I was having crushes on girls and not guys when I was going through a tough time in my life. Now that things are doing much better she sorta acts like maybe I didn't know what I was talking about. I still feel the same way and even stronger actually that I am a lesbian. Every time I mention a guy's name she perks up like, "oh who is he, and is he cute?" I have never been in a serious relationship with either sex, so who am I to tell her that I will probably never end up with a guy? As for my friends, I only told one of them flat out how I felt, and we are both in the same boat because he is gay too, except he's told more people than I have. Yeah I've talked way more to strangers about my life than I have my own friends and family. Isn't the internet the greatest? lol

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:40 am 

Yep. Gotta love the internet.

My mum came down today to visit me, with plans to have some "long" chats. I think by the time she got here though she was pretty accepting. She gave me the latest Time magazine which is an attraction edition or something. Apparently has a section on same-sex relationships that I should read. The science of it or something.

I've been going through a tough time too which I think makes her think it's more of a phase. She heeded warnings about what would happen to my reputation... what about when I want to have kids...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to exploring more Smile

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:15 pm 
fAkE

My mom hasn't brought up all that I told her in quite a while. Haha, but not long ago I caught her watching Imagine Me & You. I never told her I watch lesbian movies when no one else is around, but I'm sure she quickly picked up on it that I've seen that movie before. I wasn't gonna watch it with her and confirm this though. She had recorded it to our tv so she could finish watching it if she fell asleep. The next morning I looked to see if it was there, but she had already erased it. She said she didn't want my little sister to see it and then she added, "or you." I wondered what exactly she meant by that, however, I couldn't bring myself to ask.

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:12 am 
jetblack

That's such a lovely movie. She's obviously comfortable with the idea of lesbian relationships, but probably doesn't want to "taint" you with that stuff.

I'm glad my mum's being so supportive.

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: