BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Nervous

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
annaig

Nervous

I've been thinking about coming out to my family, but I'm really nervous about it. When my older cousin came out, my family made a huge fuss about it. I was never allowed to visit with her and her girlfriend, and my parents really discourage me developing a relationship with her. My aunt and uncle get uptight when gay subjects come up around their girls, who happen to be my god daughters. What if I'm not allowed to do things with them?

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:40 am 
Blue_bandana

No matter how you look at it, Annaig, there's the possibility of loss and gain either way. Whether you stay closeted to safeguard your relationships, or whether you come out and be yourself. One thing to think about is that it's easier to live with yourself when you are true to yourself, than it is to live as something or someone else. A relationship with family is not worth the personal destruction if you have to hide who you are just to have that relationship.

The greatest thing you will gain from coming out is confidence. It takes a lot to come out, especially when you feel relationships are at risk. The confidence you gain from being yourself and being yourself in all aspects of your life is worth it's weight in gold. Despite the road blocks, you'll find that confidence will help you overcome the same things you're worried about right now.

Point being, it's worth the risks. Things aren't always fair or just, but as said above, you do come first. Keep your head up! I wish you the best.

-Blue

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:27 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: