BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Help !

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
IloveElle

Help !

Hey Everyone,

I've been in my relationship for a year now. Just over a year ago I 'came out' to my mum, i asked her not to tell anyone else and she didn't. I dont really know what to say, I have lots of feelings running through my head, I am not sure if my mum took me too seriously, she has not mentioned it again after that night, my girlfriend has become a good family friend but everyone including my mum just think she is a friend, she stays over most nights, but that is no different to what me and my other friends used to do. I am sick of hiding who I am, there is nothing wrong with lesbians. My mum is not homophobic but I dont know why she has not mentioned anything since the night I came out. She wasn't angry, she just said are you sure? I was just wondering what to do, I am sick of my relatives trying to set me up with men and commenting on how goodlooking this guy is and have I got a boyfriend. I don't want to upset my girlfriend, she is the one thing in my life which means the most, I am just a wreck about it, I know I have NOTHING to feel ashamed about but I just don't know what to do.
Sorry if none of that made any sense but I just need help. Its cracking me up inside biiiiig time!

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
charliegirl

Im with you on that one! Im 29 in Feb and my mum still thinks its a faze and I told her when I was 19! I understand where she is coming from though as I tried dating a couple of guys during that time and even have a 3 year old son. Our town only has 9000 people in it and we are in the middle of no where so finding girlfriends is next to impossible. Im never happy when Im with a man though, ever and forget sex with a man I hide from it at every turn. I have a girl of sorts now, she is 20 though and most likely experimenting as I am her first girl. I dont think she could ever fall in love with me as I am so much older and I would feel like she would be missing out. Sometimes mothers never want to believe that their "babies" could ever love a woman in the way they should love a man. So for the most part its eaiser for them to believe its not really happening. Im sure she knows exactly whats going on but may hope it passes. Best of luck to you ok.

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:42 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: