BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Help Tips and Forum Issues....

Techno Turkey needs help. SOS!

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
katebrown

Techno Turkey needs help. SOS!

Okay, new kid on the block here.

I'd like to put some pics of my art (hand crafted jewelery, along with photos of paintings that I've done in the gallery, however--I can't figure out how to do that.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to understanding how these one-eyed beasts (computers) work. Can somebody please help me and please, I beg you, use simple a,b,c steps that I can follow because I really suck at this stuff.

BTW, I just want to say that even though I'm new I'm just loving this place! Been looking all over for one just like it. Very Happy

Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:21 pm 
bklyn

hi kate

when you go to the gallery across the top you should see:

My gallery | memberlist | Faq | User mode | Upload file

click upload file.

If the pic you want to upload is saved on your computer its a file upload so hit browse and find your picture that you've saved on your computer. ie documents and settings/my pictures/Me_singing_karoke.gif. Wink

If its a URL upload and the pic already lives somewhere in cyberspace just paste the address in. If you dont know the address off hand or if it doesnt belong to you (dunno if thats legal. heh) just right click the image, select properties and copy&paste the url.

If it doesnt work it may be that the file is too large so don't think youre crazy if it fails. You can find out the size of the pic by right clicking on it and checking out the properties. i think the max file size is 1024K.

after that i can't help you b/c thats as far as i can go w/o actually uploading something.

i *think* this is what you have to do. I just kinda peeked in there and haven't read any instructions elsewhere.

good luck!

Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:23 am 
katebrown

Thanks so much Bklyn! I'll give that a shot. I'll let you know how it works out.

Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:15 pm 
katebrown

Well, I think I managed to get it right! Yay! A message came up that said upload was successful and that the images would be visible after admin approval.

Thanks a million, Bklyn! You're directions were so good it was fun rather than painful. lol. Very Happy

Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:54 pm 
bklyn

neat-o. glad to hear it worked!

Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:45 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: