BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

They are no labels to love!!!

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
FEMI

They are no labels to love!!!

I really wish to express something out there. I have bee thinking that there should be no labels to your sexuality. No gays, no straights, lesbians, bi sexuals. Just love, people have put labels to eveything and everyone. I just think that you can never be sure of your self and whom you will love in the future. You can be straight all your adolescent life then come to adulthood and say your gay or lesbian. Or you can be lesbian all your life and suddenly have feelings for men. We shouldn't classify love into a name like if its ome kind of product. Like giving the term lesbian to yourself because that defines you. How about just saying that you love all humans, but in some periods of your life you feel more attracted to one then the other. I'm saying this because there is a lot of girls out there like myself who feel confused on how to label themselves as : lesbianor bi or straight. Don't spend all that time and worry labeling yourself, because you never stay the same. Just love who ever you love the most at that time and leave the rest for people who love to put a specific role to people.

Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:57 pm 
FreeWoman

I just agree on what you said.
I should be labeled as straight, it's what I am officially, and all the relationships I've had till now are defined as straight, but since it was over with my ex, I've always liked men less, less and less and I've just met a girl and wow! I found myself attracted by her! That's a bit comfusing, but I think my confusion is only due to this labeling.
Why should I waste time labeling what I am or what I am not. I love, is it important what I love, what I have loved and what I will love, is it important if it is a man or a woman? If after years of straight relationship I get a crush for a woman, should I change the label? Why should I need a label? I think it's ok, till I love something: myself, a man, a woman anything else, till I do love something, it is fine!

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:46 pm 

I COMPLETELY agree! I've been "straight" all my life. I will admit that I've had crushes on girls all the time, but nothing I've ever acted on. I'm now in a relationship with a woman and I could not be happier. Love is love..

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:36 pm 
FEMI

Im glad you girls agree

I'm glad someone else also thinks the same way. It is just so much stress to label your self, just love who you love at that moment and that is all that should matter. Very Happy

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:15 pm 
SASSY SOUL

It's an interesting topic. It is a hard one to get away from these days. You go on to forums ie Myspace and it asks what your orientation is, you fill in forms for any government agency and they ask, hospitals, new jobs and the list goes on. This only relates to the Uk so I don't know if it's applicable to all countries but they are obsessed with collating stats here and meeting targets relating to minorities ie race and sexual orientation.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:33 pm 
Sally Hansen

I struggle with a label for myself every day & I think about how much simpler my life will be when I can get over the fact that a label is just a label. It really doesn't mean that much to me so long as I am happy. Smile

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:35 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: