Lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, love, loving, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, love poems, love poem, love poetry, 
loving poems, loving poetry, loving poem, lesbian love poems, lesbian love poem, lesbian love poetry, loving lesbian poetry, 
loving lesbian poem, loving lesbian poems, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, love, loving, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, love poems, love poem, love poetry, 
loving poems, loving poetry, loving poem, lesbian love poems, lesbian love poem, lesbian love poetry, loving lesbian poetry, 
loving lesbian poem, loving lesbian poems, poem submissions, poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem Lesbian, poetry, poem, poems, love, loving, lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, love poems, love poem, love poetry, 
lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Love Poetry

They're Not ALL Gay

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Alfred Lehmberg

They're Not ALL Gay

They're Not ALL Gay
by Alfred Lehmberg
www.alienview.net

Love's our sweetest tragedy. It's fragile and abused. One feels it (as it's rarely found) and is pummeled and confused. Love's carved in stone with bleeding knives, it dances on the wind. Love makes a burden easier, or it adds to it my friend. Love comes in tastes and flavors that may dance upon the tongue, or may fill a mouth with ashes if a heart is torn and flung.

Love gleams in different colors that we break up into grades. It's red-hot, warm, or golden; it endures, or dulls and fades. They call the red-hot "carnal" (it's the marrow in your bones); the warmth is known as "philos" (it's a higher octane, Holmes); if golden, it's "agape" -- the highest form of love. It's selfless and it's perfect -- and the rarest (push to shove).

It takes all three to make us whole -- to make us more complete, but we would judge love's value, and would qualify love's reach! Oh, and this is where we HUGELY err! We dictate and pronounce. We ridicule, demean, and shame. We disqualify -- denounce. We prohibit and we cancel, and we legislate our drives. We complicate the issue and accuse our sad despised. We *append* to sex and preference, connotation gone awry -- and we give love lesser value like we *know* the reason why.

Now I don't write with scented inks. I'm just not wired that way. I'm making no apology, just showing distance Dave, but I have listed those I've met (in decade's <factor five>); I see they're not the problem, they're a blessing -- that's no jive.

They're not all gay -- some movie stars, the poets and the clowns, musicians and the artists, and the dancers of renown. They're not ALL gay --philanthropers, philosophers, or mimes -- the nurses tending selflessly, the sports folk of our times. They're not all gay -- the stylists who decorate the day, or work out all the detail in a layout they have made. But where's the twin admission that would keep us most contented? That here they are a lion's share, and so OVER represented!

I think of all the people with an impact on my life, and find that most are the gay blades who have qualified my pride. These are teachers, artists, -- leaders, and some friends I, too late, made. They are pilots, soldiers, warriors -- it's to them my pride is paid.

In parades of my existence, when the dues are finally in, I owe a little gratitude -- a little loyalty, my friend. I wished I'd spoke up sooner, so that you'd have had more VOICE. I regret that I belittled you when I thought you had some choice. I see your contribution. I acknowledge right to *be*. I make no value judgement; I just want you to be free. If many that I've mentioned are, in fact (heh!), proudly gay, then a better class of people swells the ranks of them, I'd say!

It's there -- is more intelligence. It's there -- is greater style, and more imagination, more artistry, and smiles. It's there, there is more gracefulness, and (Yes!) the warmest kind of love. It's there, there are more butterflies, more humming birds, and doves. It's THERE a better world resides, the one that should be made as hearts are opened up to find . . . our bills have NOT been paid. If true, no condemnation -- no indictment is returned. If true there is no reason to assign some blame or spurn. If true (?), yes, CELEBRATION that the best's included where . . . we have the need for TALENT; where we're NEEDING them is there.

alienview@adelphia.net

Last edited by Alfred Lehmberg on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tigger
Site Admin

Smile hmmmm reading the title I though this was going to be antigay and it looks like it has been posted by a bloke, but actually reading the poem/prose it appears to be pro-gay and is actually a very nice piece of work.

I have spoken to Mel and she has read it also, she is not to well tonight so has headed for bed.

Although this site is for creative women only and primerily lesbian women Mel has decided the poem is suitable for the site and is really quiet creative but will remove it if she receives a complaint. We are not going to be prejudist against you because you are a man, but would suggest you find a site more suitable to you.

Mel removed your links as it is against the rules of the board, but did leave one for anyone who is interested and checked the site is ok for those that may be interested.

Nice poem assuming its pro-gay.

Tigs

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:57 pm 
Alfred Lehmberg

quote:
Originally posted by Tigger:
Smile hmmmm reading the title I though this was going to be antigay and it looks like it has been posted by a bloke, but actually reading the poem/prose it appears to be pro-gay and is actually a very nice piece of work.

I have spoken to Mel and she has read it also, she is not to well tonight so has headed for bed.

Although this site is for creative women only and primerily lesbian women Mel has decided the poem is suitable for the site and is really quiet creative but will remove it if she receives a complaint. We are not going to be prejudist against you because you are a man, but would suggest you find a site more suitable to you.

Mel removed your links as it is against the rules of the board, but did leave one for anyone who is interested and checked the site is ok for those that may be interested.

Nice poem assuming its pro-gay.

Tigs

I appreciate that (grok it in its fullness [g]) and would not like to make anyone uncomfortable, certainly, but I was a poet looking for poetry and happened here. However it shakes out, I was innocent coming, don't have an axe to grind, and thought you'd like a different cut for a change.
Glad you liked it. It's sincere.
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´-:¦:-... www.AlienView.net

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DanceofSorrows

Very groovy sway Wink

smile~

Post Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:38 pm 
Tigger
Site Admin

Laughing ok you have got me now.......whats a grok

Honestly though if you have any more poems like that you can post them here....hoping that it will not offend any of the other board users.

Tigs Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:01 pm 
Alfred Lehmberg

quote:
Originally posted by Tigger:
Laughing ok you have got me now.......whats a grok

Honestly though if you have any more poems like that you can post them here....hoping that it will not offend any of the other board users.

Tigs Rolling Eyes

...Old Robert Heinlein reference from "Stranger In A Strange Land" meaning a clear understanding at multiple levels...

As to more poems like that... well... for my money they're all like that... poetic commentary about the actions and thoughts of human beings... but no more like that...

Probably not suitable here... decidedly off topic... but the invitation means a lot to me... Thank you... if you're interested there are a lot of them on the AlienViewGroup site... I'd be honored for you to have a look as it suits you. Thanks again for making me feel welcome.

Post Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:15 pm 
Alfred Lehmberg

Here's a *kind* of poem you may enjoy...

Post Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:43 pm 
DanceofSorrows

Alfred,

Now that is alien...smile. Your talents in writ are absorbing, thank you for sharing them.

Post Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:34 pm 
Alfred Lehmberg

quote:
Originally posted by DanceofSorrows:
Alfred,

Now that is alien...smile. Your talents in writ are absorbing, thank you for sharing them.

...Gratified you get something out of them, ma'am. Thank you.

Post Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:05 pm 
Tigger
Site Admin

Smile Thanks Alfred for the info and thanks for the pic!

When I get a chance I will go take a look.

Keep up the good work.

Tigs Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:54 pm 
melons
Site Admin

Hi Alfred Very Happy

I really enjoyed your poetic prose, it is very creative, evocative and talented Wink , so...even if anyone does complain (which I doubt) the poem will stay on the site for as long as you wish.

The fun thing about your poetic picture is that each person will view it differently and have a different perception.

I must admit 'Grok' had me flummoxed too until I read your explanation Smile

You take care now,

Mel Cool

Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:18 pm 
Alfred Lehmberg

quote:
Originally posted by melons:
Hi Alfred Very Happy

I really enjoyed your poetic prose, it is very creative, evocative and talented Wink , so...even if anyone does complain (which I doubt) the poem will stay on the site for as long as you wish.

The fun thing about your poetic picture is that each person will view it differently and have a different perception.

I must admit 'Grok' had me flummoxed too until I read your explanation Smile

You take care now,

Mel Cool

Far out! That means my poem will be on your site in perpetuity. [g]. Thanks you for your warm, warm welcome...

Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:50 pm 
Alfred Lehmberg

Here's another Paint poem...

Here's another painted poem in the spirit of Joni Mitchell who believes, as I do, that words and music are in the same paint box with the paint and all contribute to the aggregate big picture. [g].

The music (my own):
http://tinyurl.com/4uvcl

...and the picture...

A Sunday's diversion for you...

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:45 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: