lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, my girl, her, she, girl, mine, my girl poetry, 
my girl poems, my girl poem, she poetry, she poem, she poems, her poems, her poetry, her poem, lesbian my girl poetry, 
lesbian my girl poems, lesbian my girl poem, lesbian girl poems, lesbian girl poem, lesbian girl poetry, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, my girl, her, she, girl, mine, my girl poetry, 
my girl poems, my girl poem, she poetry, she poem, she poems, her poems, her poetry, her poem, lesbian my girl poetry, 
lesbian my girl poems, lesbian my girl poem, lesbian girl poems, lesbian girl poem, lesbian girl poetry, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, my girl, her, she, girl, mine, my girl poetry, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> 'My Girl' Poetry

Lone Star

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
smart_cookie

Lone Star

There's a road
A two-lane blacktop
From DeLaur Boulevard
To the smash-up at the end

Rolling down it on a summer night
The only car on the road;
If I still drank, I would hold the bottle out the window
Under warm stars whose light is just a memory,
Close my eyes and
Hold my arm straight out
Til the wind catches that bottle
And it sings
Like a spiritual.

Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:41 am 
Eiregirl

smart,

Makes me think of a nice drive on a lonely street late at nice with the cool wind blowing through my hair.

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
smart_cookie

Well thank you, Eire. The more time that goes by since I wrote this, the better i keep liking it. But, either I was too diabolically clever in hiding it in the "my girl" section, or no one else liked it. No matter. It sings for me.

--Cookie

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:59 am 
rachelle

This is really and interesting one Cook--it is very visual. It reminds me of that movie something Angels w/ Meg Ryan--where at the end of the movie she's found true love and is riding a bike on a mountain road, with her arms outstretched and her head thrown back----then bam! She's hit by a fucking logging truck---I hope that isn't "the smash up" here---I love the visual of the bottle out the window and the wind making it sing--that is beautiful---well done--No crashes are coming, just new beginnings--rachelle

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
a topless scientist

I initially had a real big crush on DeLaur Boulevard , then I re-read this one this morning and it turns out I love it just as much! Every line is brilliant and the desperation is very poignant.

Warm big Hug,

Ts

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:40 pm 
smart_cookie

quote:
Originally posted by a topless scientist:
I initially had a real big crush on DeLaur Boulevard , then I re-read this one this morning and it turns out I love it just as much! Every line is brilliant and the desperation is very poignant.

Warm big Hug,

Ts

Aw thank you, Ts, the two poems are really sisters.

Love you to bits, girl!

--Cookie

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:47 pm 
AbbieH5

quote:
Til the wind catches that bottle
And it sings
Like a spiritual.

Thanks for bringing back that memory. I've never heard a bottle sing while driving. But I did enjoy a windy night while camping once. And there is something awesome about the wind across a bottle, almost like mother nature having the same fun we did as kids the first time someone taught us that trick Smile
"I wish our clever young poets would remember my homely definitions of prose and poetry; that is, prose,—words in their best order; poetry,—the best words in their best order."-Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Rio

Nice write!

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:29 am 
desert-fish

it's a cool poem smart Very Happy

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:44 am 
Phoenix
Moderators

quote:
Originally posted by smart_cookie_smart:
But, either I was too diabolically clever in hiding it in the "my girl" section, or no one else liked it. No matter. It sings for me.

--Cookie

Yes, you lil diabolical one, YOU HID IT!!!!!

But thanks for teaching me to peruse more than emotional or sensual poetry!

This is excellent per your usual. Lovely visuals and the feelings portrayed in it so well.

great job,

phoenix

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:09 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: