lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
humorous poetry,  humorous poems, humorous poem, humorous lesbian poetry, humorous lesbian poems, humorous lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
humorous poetry,  humorous poems, humorous poem, humorous lesbian poetry, humorous lesbian poems, humorous lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Humorous Poetry

Ignore the Cherub

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
wanderinglost

Ignore the Cherub

Who dreamed up a holiday where a winged cherub could wound people with impunity?
Merchants, of course, they’re always thinking of marketing opportunities
A chance to hawk tokens of love—perfume, flowers, cards, candy—to the community
Ignoring the fact that the romantically unattached are not a cultural abnormality

Being single but unattached, I have no use for this merchants’ counterfeit fete
Cards are quickly read, flowers wilt and die, candy puts on weight
Perfume can be nice, but I’d rather buy it for myself, preferring certain scented traits
I will not let marketing ploys make me feel bad because on February 14th I have no date

So single people of the world ignore all of this buzz
The 14th of February isn’t a special day as merchants say, just because
They want to hawk their wares without pause
Celebrate the fact that you are not attached; remember freedom is a worthy cause

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:43 am 
MdmPrez

lost

Clever and well done.

Happy Valentine's Day anyway.

Cat

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:29 pm 
Beth

I liked this write - very clever and catchy I bet it sent Cupid on a disillusioned flight

Arrow

Celebrate life everyday is what I say

Beth

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:58 pm 
wanderinglost

Cat,

Thank you. I'll enjoy the day, especially since it's not snowing. I hope you have the most wonderful Valentine's Day! I know your beloved has shared a poem she wrote for you. I'm sure she's offered more special, personal ones in private. So Happy Valentine's Day, beautiful lady.

wandering

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:22 pm 
wanderinglost

Beth,

Thank you for reading the poem and your kind comments. I'm sure all the merchants won't need to worry. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

wandering

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:30 pm 
melons
Site Admin

((((((Lost))))))))

This is very cleverly written Lost and I did enjoy reading it very much. Thank you for sharing it with us...I'm sure others feel the same and some who aren't single may also hate how much merchants vie for sales.

Mind you.....a poem costs nothing......yet means so very much......

Happy Valentines day Lost.

hugs

Mel

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:02 pm 
wanderinglost

((((((((((Mel)))))))))))

Thank you. Yes, you're right, a poem means a lot more and the poems you and Cat have exchanged publicly today are lovely. I suspect you've both exchanged others privately on this special day for lovers. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your beloved lady, Cat!

wandering

Last edited by wanderinglost on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:28 pm 
wanderinglost

quote:
Originally posted by wanderinglost:
((((((((((Mel)))))))))))

Thank you. Yes, you're right, a poem means a lot more and the poems you and Cat have exchanged publicly today are lovely. I suspect you've both exchanged others privately on this special day for lovers. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your beloved lady, Cat!

wandering

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:12 pm 
blueprints

LOL,

I know Valentine's Day has come and gone, but this is the first chance I had to read this. I must echo what the others have said, this is clever and well done. Materialism ruins too many holidays, heck I'd dare say our lives in general. (I really hate advertising for most holidays--it just pushes the concept that the more money you spend validates how much you love and care for someone.)

blueprints

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:16 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: