lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
humorous poetry,  humorous poems, humorous poem, humorous lesbian poetry, humorous lesbian poems, humorous lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
humorous poetry,  humorous poems, humorous poem, humorous lesbian poetry, humorous lesbian poems, humorous lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Humorous Poetry

The Love That Bites (And Scratches)

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
wanderinglost

The Love That Bites (And Scratches)

I have a four-footed friend, a feline you see
Who everyday during winter cries out to be set free
He misses roaming in the woods as he’s allowed to do in summer
He doesn’t understand that in the winter he’s the hunted, yes it’s a bummer

The grizzlies and black bears may have fallen asleep
But the wolves, mountain lions and eagles are vigilant and on the lookout for sheep
Or any other creature in the woods that may crawl or creep
I don’t blame them, they’re simply trying their bellies full to keep

However by the end of each winter’s day
My feline friend is ready to find his own prey
Unfortunately the victim he picks to try to slay
Is me, and it happens each damned winter’s day

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:54 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

LOL Lost, I can hear the cabin fever loud and clear in this poem, not sure whose is worse, yours or the cats!
Roll on Spring!

Noni

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:21 am 
wanderinglost

LOL,

Noni, every living creature here, except maybe the bears, are itching for spring thaw. It's been damned awful this winter. The cat just doesn't get why he can't go out, but he'd stand out in the snow, given his coloring. Cats and other small houshold pets do go missing here in greater numbers in the winter.

wandering

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:46 am 
Eiregirl

Piles more snow around wanderings house until it is up to the rafters...can't let her out till summer

Love the poem hon

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
wanderinglost

LOL,

Eire, the snow's almost up to my roof line. I have to try to find the patience to wait for the snow to melt to get rid of property and get the hell out of here. That's testing my sanity, believe me. (Chants--want spring, want spring, want spring . . .)

wandering

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:52 am 
MdmPrez

lost

Good write. I can't imagine what you're going thru.

Cat

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:22 am 
wanderinglost

Cat,

Thank you. I'm just taking one day at a time. It's just psychological, but I'm anxious for March 1st to roll around. Just sounds closer to being spring (and hopefully spring thaw). Be careful driving on wintry roads back east.

wandering

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:45 am 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

wandering,

Cats definitely let you know what's on their mind! This made me laugh after talking to a friend whose cat sat there swatting her head during our conversation! She was letting her know that she recognized my voice and that she should let me talk to her! I had a 10 minute conversation on speaker phone with her and she purred happy as a cat can be.

DarkChylde

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:15 pm 
wanderinglost

Dark,

Yes, cats are definately different than dogs. I'm trying to decide whether I should take the cat with me with I relocate. He's gotten addicted to roaming but he's not street smart when it comes to motor vehicles. It's not much of a problem here, but it will be back in a city. It might be safer to find him a home here since he's going to demand the right to keep roaming.

wandering

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:45 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: