lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
humorous poetry,  humorous poems, humorous poem, humorous lesbian poetry, humorous lesbian poems, humorous lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
humorous poetry,  humorous poems, humorous poem, humorous lesbian poetry, humorous lesbian poems, humorous lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Humorous Poetry

Single Again...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sunny

Single Again...

SINGLE AGAIN…

Yup, I’m a new-age, 40-something lesbian of the 21sth century.
Independent, self-sufficient, active, in charge of my destiny and, oh, so very single.
I theorize, analyze and self-actualize.
I contemplate and meditate and celebrate…
Single’s Great!

But single days turn into single nights.
Hours seem like years, weeks feel like they last a life time and months, like perpetual Déjà Vu-ish reincarnations.
I fantasize, advertise and wait for her to materialize.
I vegetate and masturbate and masturbate and masturbate….
I Can’t Wait!

And then one day I eye her as she anxiously awaits her grande, quad, dry, soy cappuccino.
She’s the one – steel blue eyes deeper than the national debt, glistening bronze skin, and a smile more powerful than kryptonite.
We idealize, romanticize and tantalize.
We anticipate and initiate and intoxicate…
Damn! She’s Great!

And being true to lesbian dating etiquette
The U-Haul follows in hot pursuit, loaded up an excess of old baggage, a complete set of power tools, some with intriguing attachments, and of course… a cat.
We philosophize, compromise and commit our ties.
We navigate and satiate and satiate and masturbate (shhhhh) and satiate and satiate…
Love is Great!

But as all too often is the case, eventually there’s trouble in paradise,
We’ve grown apart, like Silly Putty pulled from either end, stretched to the point where we’re holding on to a string so slight it’s detectable only by the Hubble Space Telescope…
We agonize, antagonize and decipher lies,
We aggravate and irritate and agitate and agitate and agitate…
It’s SO Time to Separate!

Yup, I’m a new-age, 40-something lesbian of the 21sth century.
Independent, self-sufficient, active, in charge of my destiny and, oh, so very single.
I theorize, analyze and self-actualize.
I vegetate and masturbate and masturbate and masturbate….
Sure… single’s great…
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mdm Prez

seansun

This is a really clever write, smartly done.

Welcome!!!

Mdm

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:11 pm 
nicoleslove

laughing.....i loved this, and now i will be looking and wating for more!!
-nicoleslove

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:51 pm 
nicoleslove

Just noticed that your from Mass...my family is also!!!!! Go Pats!! Wink
-nicoleslove

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:53 pm 
Sunny

Thanks so much for the supportive words. Nicole, you'll have to drop me a note next time you come this way to visit family.
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ghost

oh so true, seansun....

thanks for making me smile at myself.

regards
ghost

Post Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:26 am 
Sunny

Well, if we can't laugh at ourselves, we have no business laughing at anything else. Thanks all!
Sunny Cool

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:41 am 
Xalia1
Moderators

Sun,

This was absolutely fabulous! Very clever.
Thanks for the smile.
Take care.

Hugs,
Xalia

Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Sunny

Xalia,
Thanks. So glad I could share a smile. Wink
Sunny

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:36 pm 
Fleur

That's great

Seansun

I loved it but fear that you've been following me!

Love

Fleur

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:53 pm 
Sunny

Fleur,
So glad you enjoyed Very Happy Unfortunately, I had no need to follow anyone to find these words Embarassed Fortunately, this one's inspired by a past experience on which I've long since closed the door. Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Cool

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:02 pm 
starcrossedandsmitten

Sunny,
Such rich visuals. Loved it!
I can almost hear your breath catching at the sight of her.
*x

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:37 pm 
Sunny

*X,
Thanks for your kind words Arrow Glad you enjoyed Very Happy This was a fun one to write.

Sunny Cool

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:35 pm 
NotAPhase

Inspired

Wow I just wanted to tell you that this poem was the reason I started posting on this site, you're wonderful!
_kiss kiss_
NotA

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Sunny

NotA,
Wow, right back at you! Thank you so very much. Smile I'm incredibly honored and humbled by your feedback and very pleased to have been part of your inspiration to join us. I look forward to reading more of your work and hope you continue to enjoy all the wonderful gifts Mel's has to share. Have a fabulous day Arrow

Sunny Cool

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:52 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: