lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
humorous poetry,  humorous poems, humorous poem, humorous lesbian poetry, humorous lesbian poems, humorous lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
humorous poetry,  humorous poems, humorous poem, humorous lesbian poetry, humorous lesbian poems, humorous lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Humorous Poetry

Go Away a Little Closer
Goto page 1, 2  Next
LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sunny

Go Away a Little Closer

GO AWAY A LITTLE CLOSER

First it’s yes and then it’s no.
I want you here. I’ve got to go.
She lures me in, then kicks me out.
Love rushes forth, then in walks doubt.
She sings of love that never falters.
But then her tune, it quickly alters.

She makes me crazy, her ebb and flow.
I’m caught up in her undertow.
She’s sure it’s love. She deeply plunges.
Then towards the shore, she quickly lunges.
Her waves of passion, they’re so alive.
But her tides of gloom, I can’t survive.

Go away a little closer.
Come here.
Go away.
Go away a little closer.
You’ve got to leave.
No… stay.

Back and forth, her heart does swing.
She knows it’s love. No, it’s just a fling.
She vows to me, she wants no other.
But then next week, I meet her lover.
She’s sucked me in - a perpetual bind.
What do I see? Have I lost my mind?

I’ve had enough, her to and fro.
“Should I stay or should I go?”
She makes her choice - I’ll set you free.
But just in case, please keep my key…
For the perfect love, she’d rather wait.
But until then, perhaps… just date?

Go away a little closer.
Come here.
Go away.
Go away a little closer.
I’ve got to leave.
Today.

Well, with mixed emotions, she may bout.
But I’ve had my fill. I must get out.
Her seductive net, it’s come unraveled.
This back and forth is overtraveled.
I pack my bags. I leave my keys.
I’ve seen the light. I won’t be teased.

I’ve healed my heart. I’ve found my mind.
Her temptress ways, I’ve left behind.
But then one day she’s on the phone.
She cannot bear to be alone.
But I won’t be swayed, she cannot woo.
So with these words, I’ll let her stew…

Go away a little further.
Go far,
Far away.
Take you back?
No Way!
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
nicoleslove

AWESOME!! i really liked this one...thanks for sharing.
-nicoleslove

Post Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:27 pm 
Mdm Prez

sea

This is really a clever write. I love the title.
Great job!!!!

Mdm

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:09 pm 
bethagogo

OH man

Oh man. This is perfect. Have we all experienced this or what? Mine has always been with straight women though. Thanks for this great write with a strong, empowered ending!

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:58 pm 
ghost

good one, seansun...

hell, what must we call you? i am getting tired of typing the whole thing... lets see...

sorry to do this to you, but you are hereby re-named....

SUNNY!

lol

regards
ghost

Post Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:30 am 
Sunny

Thank you all for the words of support and encouragement. I'm amazed by the gifts of this group. Wishing you all much peace.
Sunny
(as so dubbed by ghost Very Happy )
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
almostthere

saensun,
This is just like the relationship I just ended. I'm so glad I'm not alone. I hope I'll find your words when she calls me on the phone. I love the title by the way. It begged me to read.

Almostthere

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:06 pm 
Sunny

Almost,
Geez, you brought this one back from the dead! Shocked So glad it called for you. Feel free to borrow my words if she calls for you. Good luck and welcome again Exclamation .

Sunny Cool

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:23 am 
Eiregirl

I'm glad it was brought back because I missed it the first time Embarassed

Wonderful write sweetie

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:26 am 
Sunny

Eire,
Geez, you missed it??? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Glad you caught it this time around and that you enjoyed. Have a wonderful weekend. Sending many hugs Exclamation

Sunny Cool

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:28 pm 
Fernanda.F.Rocha

I was just thinking....if You were able to write this after...was not all bad because its an excellent writing Twisted Evil Razz Smile
Now seriously ...it is a wonderful write Exclamation Smile

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Avant-garde

Sunny,

quote:
Go far,
Far away.
Take you back?
No Way!

Is this your way of telling her to take a long walk off a short peir? lol

smiles,

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:25 pm 
Sunny

((((((Baby)))))))
Perhaps, at the time anyhow. I've softened since then - it's not as raw. Thanks for taking the time to read Very Happy Glad to get a smile out of you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sunny Cool

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:25 pm 
Sunny

Laughing
Lady,
Thanks so much. This write was a truly cathartic experience. I felt as if it gave me some much needed closure - kind of the last of a slow healing process. Glad yo enjoyed Arrow

Sunny Cool

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:16 am 
Cavewoman

lol... I'm a gamillion moments late here... but having found this gem... BRAVO !!!!!
lol... nicely done ... nicely done...

Happy Solstice

Wink Razz Exclamation

Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:07 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: